Material savings while maintaining consistently high product quality
OPTIMUM RATIO OF EXPENDITURE AND BENEFIT AFTER SUCCESSFUL MODIFICAITON
In 2013 the modification specialists of SLS realized the modernization of an MDF-plant (7’ x 38.5 m) from 1998 for a long-standing customer. Up to the modernization the MDF-plant had a daily board capacity of approx. 800 m3. The boards were finished by Siempelkamp short-cycle presses and processed to laminate flooring foremost.
IMPRESSIONS OF MODERNIZATION WITH PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION PLATES
THE RETROFIT CONCEPT AT A GLANCE
Within only a short time the SLS-specialists upgraded the MDF-plant to a modern ContiRoll®. The individual project steps:
- Disassembly of roller rods
- Formation of a package of upper and lower hotplatens as well as steel belts
- Lifting of this package by means of press cylinders
- Insertion of pressure distribution plates in press with special equipment and roller supports
- Lowering of hot platens
The excellent cooperation with the customer’s team made it possible that this upgrade was realized smoothly and within shortest possible downtime – a monetary benefit for the plant operator. “We know each other. This makes good cooperation easier in any case”, explains the responsible SLS employee.
- Lower glue dosage or less wood consumption with consistently high product quality
- Significantly higher precision of pressure distribution
- Optimum development of bonding strength at adhesive bonds
- Higher plant availability